Wednesday, November 17, 2004

Learning More about the sport of Airsoft

After being exposed to Airsoft on the History Channel, I decided to learn more about the sport. Typing in the word "Airsoft" in Google brought up hundreds of sites from all over the globe. "Wow" I thought to myself, "How come I have never heard about this when there is so much information?" I decided to narrow the search to "California Airsoft" in the search engine. This helped. There was a company call Airsoft Extreme based in San Jose which is only about 25 miles from where my wife and I live. www.airsoftextreme.com seemed to be the most popular site for my search. I decided to check out the website. I have to say the website wasn't the greatest but it was fuctional and somewhat informative. The most shocking aspect of this sport seems to be the price! All of the Equipment was in the Hundreds of Dollars for just the starter packages. I decided to learn more about the eqipment and the sport in general before going back to that site.

This sport has a huge following, mostly from countries such as Japan, China, England, and the Philippines. Most players seem to be in thier early 30's or late 20's. i started learing about which kind of airsoft guns were quality producs and which were not. two manufacturers stood above the rest. Tokyo Mauri, Classic Army, Top, and ICS. By far the most common was the first in the list, Tokyo Mauri. They seemed to have a lead on the rest in quality and diversity.

Informational websites such as: Arnies Airsoft, Renegade Recon, and Airsoft Retreat have reviews, retailers, and in-depth information that will help you in your search for knowledge of the sport.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home