Friday, November 19, 2004

Electric Airsoft Guns and Gas Blow Back Pistols

There are many types of airsoft gun out there. I am going to focus on the BASICS of the Electric and Gas Blow Back guns. I will include links to more technical and in-depth information for you technical junkies.

I am going to concentrate on the gear I am currently using because I have the experience to speak about it in depth. When I was researching about what was the best AEG (Automatic Electric Gun) There were no simple answers because everybody has an idea of what they want. I thought an MP5 was really cool looking, so I decided to got to Airsoft Extreme which was close to my work, and give one a try. I hated the way it felt, and quickly realized I needed to open my mind and try a few more. After trying an AK47 and a M15A4, It was clear that the m16 type of AEG was very comfortable to me. So now I had to decide from which manufacturer I would purchase. The two main contenders are Tokyo Marui and Classic Army. The Marui guns had a sound reputation for being quality weapons, Classic Army was shaking a bad reputation from earlier models that were very unpredictable. The biggest difference in the two brands were the materials and price. The TM's were mostly plastic and the logos on the guns were burned off due to copyright laws. The CA's were metal and had upgraded internal parts. They fired at 325FPS (Feet Per Second) right out of the box. The TM's shot around 260FPS and had no upgraded parts internally. The TMs can be upgraded with aftermarket parts for those who want to have metal bodies and upgraded internals. So I decided to purchase the CA M15a4 RIS. ( Rail Interface System ) I had no need to upgrade my gun for some time and it would have all the upgraded internals without having to use 3rd party parts.

1 Comments:

At 10:15 PM, Blogger OHNESTAIRSOFTER said...

WHAT ABOUT THE OTHER SMALL NAME GUNS LIKE - UTG, STAR, G&G, OR THE BIG 5 GUNS HOW DO THOSE STACK UP AGAINST THE EXPENSIVE BETTER QUALITY GUNS

 

Post a Comment

<< Home